Feb 12, 2012, 8:03 PM EST
When hosting the nation’s No. 2 team – that happens to be 25-1 and has crushed the Big East competition — one pulls out all the stops.
Like flooding the stands with the same color shirt so 20,000 or so fans look more intimidating. That’s a start.
But Chane Behanan thinks Louisville needs a little something extra for Syracuse. It needs Rick Pitino’s white suit.
“I’m looking forward to seeing Coach P in a white suit,” Behanan told Rick Bozich. “He’s been doing it, so I don’t see why he wouldn’t. I wanna see him in it.”
It doesn’t sound as if Pitino’s planning to wear the Colonel Sanders digs, which have popped up during various games the last few years, most recently during a loss to Villanova last season. But the previous two occasions resulted in wins.
If that’s what it takes to knock off Syracuse – whom the Cards (20-5 and winners of their last six) have beaten the last seven times – I’d say do it. Why mess with success?
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Teams 0
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Who are the top five teams as of today? 1
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 1
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Why is Kentucky’s attendance going down? UK writer says Rupp is ‘stale’ (4)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Late Night Snacks: Rhode Island rivalry and VCU’s overtime (2)
- Wisconsin guard George Marshall seeking transfer (2)