Feb 16, 2012, 3:05 PM EST
March Madness isn’t just for teams in search of a title or people hoping to win their NCAA tournament pool.
Vegas also loves it.
Anyone taking note of college basketball odds before the season probably saw Kentucky and North Carolina as the sure bets. (We media types did too.) But as Selection Sunday nears, some oddsmakers have started to adjust their bets accordingly.
Take Sportsbook.com. Not long ago, Kentucky was 4/1. Now it’s 2/1. UNC went from 5/1 to 8/1. (If you’re a gambling man, those odds are probably a little more enticing, though I fully expect VegasWatch to weigh in with his smart bets weighed against kenpom before long.)
Kansas’ odds have improved slightly (now 8/1), while Michigan State’s have jumped from 20/1 to 12/1. Word’s out on the Spartans.
But the wily fans may want to check out Baylor. Once a 10/1 bet, the Bears are now 25/1. That’s same as Louisville, but with a Top 10 team. Hmmm.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game 7
- Chase for 180: Boise State rebounds from 0-3 conference start thanks to Derrick Marks 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)