Feb 16, 2012, 3:05 PM EDT
March Madness isn’t just for teams in search of a title or people hoping to win their NCAA tournament pool.
Vegas also loves it.
Anyone taking note of college basketball odds before the season probably saw Kentucky and North Carolina as the sure bets. (We media types did too.) But as Selection Sunday nears, some oddsmakers have started to adjust their bets accordingly.
Take Sportsbook.com. Not long ago, Kentucky was 4/1. Now it’s 2/1. UNC went from 5/1 to 8/1. (If you’re a gambling man, those odds are probably a little more enticing, though I fully expect VegasWatch to weigh in with his smart bets weighed against kenpom before long.)
Kansas’ odds have improved slightly (now 8/1), while Michigan State’s have jumped from 20/1 to 12/1. Word’s out on the Spartans.
But the wily fans may want to check out Baylor. Once a 10/1 bet, the Bears are now 25/1. That’s same as Louisville, but with a Top 10 team. Hmmm.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)