Feb 16, 2012, 3:05 PM EDT
March Madness isn’t just for teams in search of a title or people hoping to win their NCAA tournament pool.
Vegas also loves it.
Anyone taking note of college basketball odds before the season probably saw Kentucky and North Carolina as the sure bets. (We media types did too.) But as Selection Sunday nears, some oddsmakers have started to adjust their bets accordingly.
Take Sportsbook.com. Not long ago, Kentucky was 4/1. Now it’s 2/1. UNC went from 5/1 to 8/1. (If you’re a gambling man, those odds are probably a little more enticing, though I fully expect VegasWatch to weigh in with his smart bets weighed against kenpom before long.)
Kansas’ odds have improved slightly (now 8/1), while Michigan State’s have jumped from 20/1 to 12/1. Word’s out on the Spartans.
But the wily fans may want to check out Baylor. Once a 10/1 bet, the Bears are now 25/1. That’s same as Louisville, but with a Top 10 team. Hmmm.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)