Feb 16, 2012, 3:05 PM EDT
March Madness isn’t just for teams in search of a title or people hoping to win their NCAA tournament pool.
Vegas also loves it.
Anyone taking note of college basketball odds before the season probably saw Kentucky and North Carolina as the sure bets. (We media types did too.) But as Selection Sunday nears, some oddsmakers have started to adjust their bets accordingly.
Take Sportsbook.com. Not long ago, Kentucky was 4/1. Now it’s 2/1. UNC went from 5/1 to 8/1. (If you’re a gambling man, those odds are probably a little more enticing, though I fully expect VegasWatch to weigh in with his smart bets weighed against kenpom before long.)
Kansas’ odds have improved slightly (now 8/1), while Michigan State’s have jumped from 20/1 to 12/1. Word’s out on the Spartans.
But the wily fans may want to check out Baylor. Once a 10/1 bet, the Bears are now 25/1. That’s same as Louisville, but with a Top 10 team. Hmmm.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)