Feb 22, 2012, 11:30 AM EST
Darrion Pellum’s been one of the few bright spots for Hampton this season.
Especially when he pulls off plays like this against Maryland-Eastern Shore:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Not only does Pellum throw it off the backboard, but he does it with a defender swiping at the ball. That’s some skill.
Pellum, a 6-6 senior, leads Hampton (9-18) in points (18.2), minutes and takes most of the Pirates’ shots, which is probably why he’s topped 30 points three times this season. That includes a 33-poing effort vs. Eastern Shore.
But none of ‘em were as pretty as those two above.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)