Feb 22, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
Darrion Pellum’s been one of the few bright spots for Hampton this season.
Especially when he pulls off plays like this against Maryland-Eastern Shore:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Not only does Pellum throw it off the backboard, but he does it with a defender swiping at the ball. That’s some skill.
Pellum, a 6-6 senior, leads Hampton (9-18) in points (18.2), minutes and takes most of the Pirates’ shots, which is probably why he’s topped 30 points three times this season. That includes a 33-poing effort vs. Eastern Shore.
But none of ‘em were as pretty as those two above.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)