Feb 22, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
Darrion Pellum’s been one of the few bright spots for Hampton this season.
Especially when he pulls off plays like this against Maryland-Eastern Shore:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Not only does Pellum throw it off the backboard, but he does it with a defender swiping at the ball. That’s some skill.
Pellum, a 6-6 senior, leads Hampton (9-18) in points (18.2), minutes and takes most of the Pirates’ shots, which is probably why he’s topped 30 points three times this season. That includes a 33-poing effort vs. Eastern Shore.
But none of ‘em were as pretty as those two above.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)