Feb 22, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
Darrion Pellum’s been one of the few bright spots for Hampton this season.
Especially when he pulls off plays like this against Maryland-Eastern Shore:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Not only does Pellum throw it off the backboard, but he does it with a defender swiping at the ball. That’s some skill.
Pellum, a 6-6 senior, leads Hampton (9-18) in points (18.2), minutes and takes most of the Pirates’ shots, which is probably why he’s topped 30 points three times this season. That includes a 33-poing effort vs. Eastern Shore.
But none of ‘em were as pretty as those two above.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 0
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)