Feb 22, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
Darrion Pellum’s been one of the few bright spots for Hampton this season.
Especially when he pulls off plays like this against Maryland-Eastern Shore:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Not only does Pellum throw it off the backboard, but he does it with a defender swiping at the ball. That’s some skill.
Pellum, a 6-6 senior, leads Hampton (9-18) in points (18.2), minutes and takes most of the Pirates’ shots, which is probably why he’s topped 30 points three times this season. That includes a 33-poing effort vs. Eastern Shore.
But none of ‘em were as pretty as those two above.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)