Feb 23, 2012, 6:50 PM EST
In case you missed it, the announcer pairings for the NCAA tournament were announced this week, with essentially the same lineups used last year when CBS Sports and Turner Sports first teamed up to broadcast the event.
Jim Nantz remains the lead play-by-play, while Clark Kellogg and Steve Kerr will do analysis. Tracy Wolfson is the sideline reporter. That’s the group for the Final Four and the national title game on April 2, as well as the First Four games on the night of March 13. The trio of Ian Eagle, Jim Spanarkel and Lewis Johnson will do the second set of First Four games on March 14.
Here’s the rest of the lineup for the first week, via Sports Media Journal:
- Jim Nantz/Clark Kellogg
- Marv Albert / Steve Kerr
- Verne Lundquist / Bill Raftery
- Kevin Harlan / Len Elmore / Reggie Miller
- Ian Eagle / Jim Spanarkel
- Brian Anderson / Dan Bonner
- Tim Brando / Mike Gminski
- Spero Dedes / Bob Wenzel
Tracy Wolfson, Craig Sager, Lesley Visser, Marty Snider, Lewis Johnson, Jaime Maggio and Otis Livingston will be sideline reporters.
Yes, it’s another year in which Gus Johnson won’t be lending his late-game dramatics to the event. But if that’s the only thing wrong with this year’s tourney, I’ll take it.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 2
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 2
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 2
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)
- Arizona’s Aaron Gordon belongs in the conversation with the best freshmen despite what box score says (2)