Feb 23, 2012, 6:50 PM EDT
In case you missed it, the announcer pairings for the NCAA tournament were announced this week, with essentially the same lineups used last year when CBS Sports and Turner Sports first teamed up to broadcast the event.
Jim Nantz remains the lead play-by-play, while Clark Kellogg and Steve Kerr will do analysis. Tracy Wolfson is the sideline reporter. That’s the group for the Final Four and the national title game on April 2, as well as the First Four games on the night of March 13. The trio of Ian Eagle, Jim Spanarkel and Lewis Johnson will do the second set of First Four games on March 14.
Here’s the rest of the lineup for the first week, via Sports Media Journal:
- Jim Nantz/Clark Kellogg
- Marv Albert / Steve Kerr
- Verne Lundquist / Bill Raftery
- Kevin Harlan / Len Elmore / Reggie Miller
- Ian Eagle / Jim Spanarkel
- Brian Anderson / Dan Bonner
- Tim Brando / Mike Gminski
- Spero Dedes / Bob Wenzel
Tracy Wolfson, Craig Sager, Lesley Visser, Marty Snider, Lewis Johnson, Jaime Maggio and Otis Livingston will be sideline reporters.
Yes, it’s another year in which Gus Johnson won’t be lending his late-game dramatics to the event. But if that’s the only thing wrong with this year’s tourney, I’ll take it.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)