Feb 24, 2012, 11:23 PM EDT
Austin Rivers is no stranger to attention. Duke’s guard is the son of NBA coach Doc Rivers, has been a star on the AAU circuit for years and entered this season as one of the most-talked freshmen in the country.
So did his life change at when he hit the game-winning shot against North Carolina last month?
“Not much. People always talk about it, but it just goes in one ear and out the other,” he told Russ Thaler of SportsTalk. “It’s just one game. That’s how I look at it.”
That’s just a small segment of the interview Rivers gave Friday afternoon as they prepare to face Virginia Tech on Saturday. Watch the entire clip below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 7
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 4
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)