Feb 24, 2012, 11:23 PM EDT
Austin Rivers is no stranger to attention. Duke’s guard is the son of NBA coach Doc Rivers, has been a star on the AAU circuit for years and entered this season as one of the most-talked freshmen in the country.
So did his life change at when he hit the game-winning shot against North Carolina last month?
“Not much. People always talk about it, but it just goes in one ear and out the other,” he told Russ Thaler of SportsTalk. “It’s just one game. That’s how I look at it.”
That’s just a small segment of the interview Rivers gave Friday afternoon as they prepare to face Virginia Tech on Saturday. Watch the entire clip below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)