Feb 24, 2012, 11:23 PM EDT
Austin Rivers is no stranger to attention. Duke’s guard is the son of NBA coach Doc Rivers, has been a star on the AAU circuit for years and entered this season as one of the most-talked freshmen in the country.
So did his life change at when he hit the game-winning shot against North Carolina last month?
“Not much. People always talk about it, but it just goes in one ear and out the other,” he told Russ Thaler of SportsTalk. “It’s just one game. That’s how I look at it.”
That’s just a small segment of the interview Rivers gave Friday afternoon as they prepare to face Virginia Tech on Saturday. Watch the entire clip below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 0
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 3
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- Syracuse makes it official that Mike Hopkins will take over in 2018 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- Five-star guard to announce college choice Wednesday evening (5)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)