Feb 24, 2012, 11:23 PM EDT
Austin Rivers is no stranger to attention. Duke’s guard is the son of NBA coach Doc Rivers, has been a star on the AAU circuit for years and entered this season as one of the most-talked freshmen in the country.
So did his life change at when he hit the game-winning shot against North Carolina last month?
“Not much. People always talk about it, but it just goes in one ear and out the other,” he told Russ Thaler of SportsTalk. “It’s just one game. That’s how I look at it.”
That’s just a small segment of the interview Rivers gave Friday afternoon as they prepare to face Virginia Tech on Saturday. Watch the entire clip below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)