Feb 26, 2012, 8:47 AM EDT
No. 21 UNLV didn’t fare well away from Las Vegas recently – the Rebels lost three of four – but home is another story.
Nobody’s beaten UNLV (24-6, 8-4 in MWC) at the Thomas and Mack Center this season. And lowly Air Force wasn’t about to be the first. The Rebels breezed to a 68=58 win Saturday, moving them into a three-way tie atop the Mountain West with two games left to play.
Unfortunately for the Rebels, one’s a road game, at Colorado State. But coach Dave Rice hopes it’s enough to give his team an edge with the conference title on the line.
“It was very important to us to get our swagger back,” Rice said. “Our swagger is our defensive intensity.”
UNLV closes its regular season vs. Wyoming on March 3.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 1
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 13
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity