Feb 28, 2012, 1:45 AM EDT
Kansas won the game, but Keiton Page won the Jayhawks’ respect Monday night.
Just ask Tyshawn Taylor. “He a bad boy, man,” he told ESPN’s Holly Rowe afterward. “He a bad boy.”
No kidding. The Cowboys’ senior sharpshooting guard did his best to knock off the nation’s No. 3 team, scoring 29 points and scoring 11 straight at one point that cut a lead to single digits with 5:35 left.
But Taylor – prompted by a challenge issues by KU coach Bill Self – didn’t allow Page to score any more points and scored Kansas’ last 10 points by himself in a 70-58 win.
“Fortunately for us, [Taylor] was able to match him basically basket for basket there down the stretch when we had to make a couple plays,” Self said.
Page ended the night as the school’s career leader in made 3s (280), passing an elite player like Randy Rutherford in the process.
“Everybody’s game plan is to stop Keiton Page,” Cowboy coach Travis Ford told The Oklahoman, “and to still score 29 points, that’s hard to do.
“It borders on incredible that he keeps doing that.”
It’s like Taylor said, Page is a bad boy.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 1
- Stony Brook works toward NCAA appearance after DII transition 0
- Syracuse officials to meet NCAA Committee on Infractions later this month 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Texas A&M gets a tough guard, St. John’s big weekend, Xavier’s intriguing fit 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Key assistant coaching hires 0
- 2014-15 America East Preview: Does Stony Brook finally make the Tournament? 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- Has Maryland found a new starting center? (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Northeast Conference Preview: Is it time for Robert Morris to dance again? (1)