Feb 29, 2012, 3:44 PM EDT
Some were waiting for the fallout from Sports Illustrated’s piece on the seemingly tumultuous state of Ben Howland’s UCLA program.
But, for now, the ripple effect is well-contained.
Kyle Anderson, the 6-8 guard/forward from St. Anthony (NJ) who signed to play for the Bruins, is firm in his decision to remain with UCLA, according to his father.
“The article does not matter to Lil’ Kyle, nor our family,” Kyle Anderson Sr. told NBC Sports on Wednesday afternoon. “We support Coach Howland and the UCLA staff and Lil’ Kyle is still UCLA-bound in June.”
Anderson is one of the most coveted recruits in the country and one of two prospects signed to Howland’s program from the Class of 2012.
Speculation has picked up that the Sports Illustrated story could spell the end for Howland in Westwood, but Anderson Sr. dismissed any talk of hypotheticals.
“No comment on that,” he said. “Sorry, but neither of us want to get into this matter.”
Anderson is a Top 5 talent in the Class of 2012, a unique combination of size, passing ability, and scoring touch.
He chose UCLA over St. John’s, Georgetown, Seton Hall, and Florida.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)