Feb 29, 2012, 3:44 PM EDT
Some were waiting for the fallout from Sports Illustrated’s piece on the seemingly tumultuous state of Ben Howland’s UCLA program.
But, for now, the ripple effect is well-contained.
Kyle Anderson, the 6-8 guard/forward from St. Anthony (NJ) who signed to play for the Bruins, is firm in his decision to remain with UCLA, according to his father.
“The article does not matter to Lil’ Kyle, nor our family,” Kyle Anderson Sr. told NBC Sports on Wednesday afternoon. “We support Coach Howland and the UCLA staff and Lil’ Kyle is still UCLA-bound in June.”
Anderson is one of the most coveted recruits in the country and one of two prospects signed to Howland’s program from the Class of 2012.
Speculation has picked up that the Sports Illustrated story could spell the end for Howland in Westwood, but Anderson Sr. dismissed any talk of hypotheticals.
“No comment on that,” he said. “Sorry, but neither of us want to get into this matter.”
Anderson is a Top 5 talent in the Class of 2012, a unique combination of size, passing ability, and scoring touch.
He chose UCLA over St. John’s, Georgetown, Seton Hall, and Florida.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)
- Two new regular season college hoops events headed to Vegas (1)