Feb 29, 2012, 3:44 PM EST
Some were waiting for the fallout from Sports Illustrated’s piece on the seemingly tumultuous state of Ben Howland’s UCLA program.
But, for now, the ripple effect is well-contained.
Kyle Anderson, the 6-8 guard/forward from St. Anthony (NJ) who signed to play for the Bruins, is firm in his decision to remain with UCLA, according to his father.
“The article does not matter to Lil’ Kyle, nor our family,” Kyle Anderson Sr. told NBC Sports on Wednesday afternoon. “We support Coach Howland and the UCLA staff and Lil’ Kyle is still UCLA-bound in June.”
Anderson is one of the most coveted recruits in the country and one of two prospects signed to Howland’s program from the Class of 2012.
Speculation has picked up that the Sports Illustrated story could spell the end for Howland in Westwood, but Anderson Sr. dismissed any talk of hypotheticals.
“No comment on that,” he said. “Sorry, but neither of us want to get into this matter.”
Anderson is a Top 5 talent in the Class of 2012, a unique combination of size, passing ability, and scoring touch.
He chose UCLA over St. John’s, Georgetown, Seton Hall, and Florida.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 4
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)