Feb 29, 2012, 3:44 PM EST
Some were waiting for the fallout from Sports Illustrated’s piece on the seemingly tumultuous state of Ben Howland’s UCLA program.
But, for now, the ripple effect is well-contained.
Kyle Anderson, the 6-8 guard/forward from St. Anthony (NJ) who signed to play for the Bruins, is firm in his decision to remain with UCLA, according to his father.
“The article does not matter to Lil’ Kyle, nor our family,” Kyle Anderson Sr. told NBC Sports on Wednesday afternoon. “We support Coach Howland and the UCLA staff and Lil’ Kyle is still UCLA-bound in June.”
Anderson is one of the most coveted recruits in the country and one of two prospects signed to Howland’s program from the Class of 2012.
Speculation has picked up that the Sports Illustrated story could spell the end for Howland in Westwood, but Anderson Sr. dismissed any talk of hypotheticals.
“No comment on that,” he said. “Sorry, but neither of us want to get into this matter.”
Anderson is a Top 5 talent in the Class of 2012, a unique combination of size, passing ability, and scoring touch.
He chose UCLA over St. John’s, Georgetown, Seton Hall, and Florida.
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 3
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 1
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 2
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)