Mar 1, 2012, 2:45 PM EDT
You know what’s nice? Having a guy you know can hit that last shot. He might be a shooter, a scorer or a senior who’s been there before, but they all share the same trait: confidence.
We did a “Who do you want for the game-winning shot?” post last week, which featured great insight by Troy. Covered lots of teams and players in trying to answer a question that really doesn’t have a “right” answer.
It’s such a good topic, the guys at SportsTalk did their own mini-segment on that very topic yesterday. (They also talked about which conference tournament is the best and who should be national coach of the year.) Two guys who’ve hit game-winners – FSU’s Michael Snaer and Duke’s Austin Rivers – get mentioned, but Vandy’s John Jenkins also gets thrown into the mix.
Gotta say, he’d be a fine choice.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Report: Rutgers AD inflicted “mental cruelty” in her own coaching days 0
- Next college hoops season will begin and end in Texas 0
- The key to recruiting Myles Turner: a good psychology department? 0
- Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 2
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 5
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ (5)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (4)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Bill Self, redshirts, and the Power of Andrew Wiggins (4)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?