Mar 4, 2012, 7:19 PM EDT
Two days after a first-round exit in the MAAC tourney, Canisius fired Tom Parrotta.
The Golden Griffins finished 5-25 this season and won one MAAC games, capping a 64-121 mark in six years under Parrotta.
They never posted a winning record, coming closest last season when they were 15-15.
Canisius had hoped Parrotta’s program was on the winning track when it assessed him in 2010, but the loss of starters Julius Coles, Elton Frazier and Greg Logins, along with key reserves Robert Goldsberry and Tomas Vazquez-Simmons were too much for this year’s team to overcome.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 1
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)