Mar 4, 2012, 7:19 PM EDT
Two days after a first-round exit in the MAAC tourney, Canisius fired Tom Parrotta.
The Golden Griffins finished 5-25 this season and won one MAAC games, capping a 64-121 mark in six years under Parrotta.
They never posted a winning record, coming closest last season when they were 15-15.
Canisius had hoped Parrotta’s program was on the winning track when it assessed him in 2010, but the loss of starters Julius Coles, Elton Frazier and Greg Logins, along with key reserves Robert Goldsberry and Tomas Vazquez-Simmons were too much for this year’s team to overcome.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1