Mar 4, 2012, 7:19 PM EDT
Two days after a first-round exit in the MAAC tourney, Canisius fired Tom Parrotta.
The Golden Griffins finished 5-25 this season and won one MAAC games, capping a 64-121 mark in six years under Parrotta.
They never posted a winning record, coming closest last season when they were 15-15.
Canisius had hoped Parrotta’s program was on the winning track when it assessed him in 2010, but the loss of starters Julius Coles, Elton Frazier and Greg Logins, along with key reserves Robert Goldsberry and Tomas Vazquez-Simmons were too much for this year’s team to overcome.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0