Mar 5, 2012, 5:23 PM EDT
Robert Burke has resigned as coach of Mount St. Mary’s. This comes almost a month after Burke requested to be placed on paid administrative leave.
Burke then said the request was personal in nature and decline to comment.
“Decisions like this are never easy and certainly more difficult while our season is in progress,” Director of Athletics Lynne Robinson said in the Feb. 15 release.
Assistant Matt Henry had been coaching the team, which ended the regular season with an 8-21 record. It did not qualify for the Northeast Conference tournament.
Burke was 19-42 in two seasons at Mount St. Mary’s in two seasons.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 4
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)
- Indiana grabs commitment from prep school center (VIDEO) (6)
- Harrison twins awaiting feedback from NBA before deciding to return or declare (6)
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ (5)