Mar 5, 2012, 5:23 PM EDT
Robert Burke has resigned as coach of Mount St. Mary’s. This comes almost a month after Burke requested to be placed on paid administrative leave.
Burke then said the request was personal in nature and decline to comment.
“Decisions like this are never easy and certainly more difficult while our season is in progress,” Director of Athletics Lynne Robinson said in the Feb. 15 release.
Assistant Matt Henry had been coaching the team, which ended the regular season with an 8-21 record. It did not qualify for the Northeast Conference tournament.
Burke was 19-42 in two seasons at Mount St. Mary’s in two seasons.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)