Mar 5, 2012, 5:23 PM EST
Robert Burke has resigned as coach of Mount St. Mary’s. This comes almost a month after Burke requested to be placed on paid administrative leave.
Burke then said the request was personal in nature and decline to comment.
“Decisions like this are never easy and certainly more difficult while our season is in progress,” Director of Athletics Lynne Robinson said in the Feb. 15 release.
Assistant Matt Henry had been coaching the team, which ended the regular season with an 8-21 record. It did not qualify for the Northeast Conference tournament.
Burke was 19-42 in two seasons at Mount St. Mary’s in two seasons.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 0
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 2
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)