Mar 5, 2012, 5:23 PM EDT
Robert Burke has resigned as coach of Mount St. Mary’s. This comes almost a month after Burke requested to be placed on paid administrative leave.
Burke then said the request was personal in nature and decline to comment.
“Decisions like this are never easy and certainly more difficult while our season is in progress,” Director of Athletics Lynne Robinson said in the Feb. 15 release.
Assistant Matt Henry had been coaching the team, which ended the regular season with an 8-21 record. It did not qualify for the Northeast Conference tournament.
Burke was 19-42 in two seasons at Mount St. Mary’s in two seasons.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC
- Watch Live: Red Wings at Blackhawks
- Phelps denies comeback rumors
- LIVE: Third round of the HP Byron Nelson Championship
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas