Mar 5, 2012, 5:23 PM EDT
Robert Burke has resigned as coach of Mount St. Mary’s. This comes almost a month after Burke requested to be placed on paid administrative leave.
Burke then said the request was personal in nature and decline to comment.
“Decisions like this are never easy and certainly more difficult while our season is in progress,” Director of Athletics Lynne Robinson said in the Feb. 15 release.
Assistant Matt Henry had been coaching the team, which ended the regular season with an 8-21 record. It did not qualify for the Northeast Conference tournament.
Burke was 19-42 in two seasons at Mount St. Mary’s in two seasons.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 7
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (7)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)