Mar 11, 2012, 6:45 PM EDT
The Orange got the No. 1 seed in the East Region, which didn’t come as much of a surprise to anyone. They’ll face a feisty UNC-Asheville team in the first round.
Syracuse, should they win, will get matchup with the winner of No. 8 Kansas State and No. 9 Southern Miss. Vanderbilt, once again, got a No. 5 seed and will be faced with beating No. 12 Harvard in the first round. Wisconsin is the No. 4 seed in the east, and they will get a better-than-you-think Montana team at the No. 13 seed in the first round.
Ohio State earned the No. 2 seed in the east and they’ll be matched up with No. 15 Loyola MD out of the MAAC in the first round. If they advance, the Buckeyes will get the winner of No. 7 Gonzaga and No. 10 West Virginia. No. 3 Florida State is going to have a date with Atlantic 10 darling St. Bonaventure, who is the No. 14 seed, in the first round. Wrapping up the east is No. 6 Cincinnati, who gets No. 11 Texas out of the Big 12.
- Report: Rutgers AD inflicted “mental cruelty” in her own coaching days 0
- Next college hoops season will begin and end in Texas 0
- The key to recruiting Myles Turner: a good psychology department? 0
- Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 2
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 5
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ (5)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (4)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Bill Self, redshirts, and the Power of Andrew Wiggins (4)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?