Mar 11, 2012, 6:45 PM EST
The Orange got the No. 1 seed in the East Region, which didn’t come as much of a surprise to anyone. They’ll face a feisty UNC-Asheville team in the first round.
Syracuse, should they win, will get matchup with the winner of No. 8 Kansas State and No. 9 Southern Miss. Vanderbilt, once again, got a No. 5 seed and will be faced with beating No. 12 Harvard in the first round. Wisconsin is the No. 4 seed in the east, and they will get a better-than-you-think Montana team at the No. 13 seed in the first round.
Ohio State earned the No. 2 seed in the east and they’ll be matched up with No. 15 Loyola MD out of the MAAC in the first round. If they advance, the Buckeyes will get the winner of No. 7 Gonzaga and No. 10 West Virginia. No. 3 Florida State is going to have a date with Atlantic 10 darling St. Bonaventure, who is the No. 14 seed, in the first round. Wrapping up the east is No. 6 Cincinnati, who gets No. 11 Texas out of the Big 12.
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 1
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 0
- Shabazz Napier hits game-winner, runs out of the arena (VIDEO) 0
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 5 Oklahoma State’s win over Purdue exemplifies issues with new foul rules (3)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)