Mar 11, 2012, 6:24 PM EST
Kentucky is the No. 1 seed in the south, and on first glance it looks like they got a pretty favorable bracket.
The Wildcats will advance to face the winner of No. 8 Iowa State and No. 9 UConn, which could create an interesting matchup in the Huskies advance. The most unfair ranking of the South Region is No. 5 Wichita State, who will face No. 12 VCU in what will amount to mid-on-mid violence. No. 4 Indiana and No. 13 New Mexico State round out the top of the region.
No. 2 Duke highlights the bottom of the bracket, but they get a tough matchup in the first round with No. 15 seed Lehigh. The winner will face the winner of No. 7 Notre Dame and No. 10 Xavier. Baylor is the No. 3 seed, and they will take on No. 14 South Dakota State and the fighting Nate Wolters. UNLV got the No. 6 seed and will face No. 11 Colorado in the first round.
- Maurice Creek, George Washington proving to be a match made in heaven 0
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game 2
- Colorado needs game-winner to serve as a catalyst for Askia Booker (VIDEO) 0
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again 3
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Figuring out the ACC 0
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings (2)