Mar 12, 2012, 7:10 PM EST
Troubled Georgia Tech star Glen Rice Jr was picked up by the police following a shooting incident late Wednesday night. According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Rice was charged with permitting unlawful operation. Graduate assistant London Warren, who played for 1st year head Tech coach Brian Gregory at Dayton, was charged with a DUI.
Rice was a passenger in a Cadillac Escalade in midtown Atlanta near the Georgia Tech campus, and the vehicle was pulled over after police responded to a shot being fired. Another passenger in the car – Steven Pryor – admitted to firing a shot from a 9mm pistol, but claimed it was an accident.
This explains why London Warren was suspended for Georgia Tech’s ACC Tournament game on Thursday.
Rice, a junior, averaged a career best 13.0 ppg for the Yellow Jackets, but he was suspended indefinitely in mid-February.
He was also suspended for the first three games of the season.
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 1
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (10)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (8)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)