Mar 12, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
Troubled Georgia Tech star Glen Rice Jr was picked up by the police following a shooting incident late Wednesday night. According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Rice was charged with permitting unlawful operation. Graduate assistant London Warren, who played for 1st year head Tech coach Brian Gregory at Dayton, was charged with a DUI.
Rice was a passenger in a Cadillac Escalade in midtown Atlanta near the Georgia Tech campus, and the vehicle was pulled over after police responded to a shot being fired. Another passenger in the car – Steven Pryor – admitted to firing a shot from a 9mm pistol, but claimed it was an accident.
This explains why London Warren was suspended for Georgia Tech’s ACC Tournament game on Thursday.
Rice, a junior, averaged a career best 13.0 ppg for the Yellow Jackets, but he was suspended indefinitely in mid-February.
He was also suspended for the first three games of the season.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)