Mar 12, 2012, 7:10 PM EST
Troubled Georgia Tech star Glen Rice Jr was picked up by the police following a shooting incident late Wednesday night. According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Rice was charged with permitting unlawful operation. Graduate assistant London Warren, who played for 1st year head Tech coach Brian Gregory at Dayton, was charged with a DUI.
Rice was a passenger in a Cadillac Escalade in midtown Atlanta near the Georgia Tech campus, and the vehicle was pulled over after police responded to a shot being fired. Another passenger in the car – Steven Pryor – admitted to firing a shot from a 9mm pistol, but claimed it was an accident.
This explains why London Warren was suspended for Georgia Tech’s ACC Tournament game on Thursday.
Rice, a junior, averaged a career best 13.0 ppg for the Yellow Jackets, but he was suspended indefinitely in mid-February.
He was also suspended for the first three games of the season.
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game 4
- Colorado needs game-winner to serve as a catalyst for Askia Booker (VIDEO) 0
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again 3
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Figuring out the ACC 0
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games 4
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game (4)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)