Mar 12, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
Troubled Georgia Tech star Glen Rice Jr was picked up by the police following a shooting incident late Wednesday night. According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Rice was charged with permitting unlawful operation. Graduate assistant London Warren, who played for 1st year head Tech coach Brian Gregory at Dayton, was charged with a DUI.
Rice was a passenger in a Cadillac Escalade in midtown Atlanta near the Georgia Tech campus, and the vehicle was pulled over after police responded to a shot being fired. Another passenger in the car – Steven Pryor – admitted to firing a shot from a 9mm pistol, but claimed it was an accident.
This explains why London Warren was suspended for Georgia Tech’s ACC Tournament game on Thursday.
Rice, a junior, averaged a career best 13.0 ppg for the Yellow Jackets, but he was suspended indefinitely in mid-February.
He was also suspended for the first three games of the season.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)