Mar 12, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
Troubled Georgia Tech star Glen Rice Jr was picked up by the police following a shooting incident late Wednesday night. According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Rice was charged with permitting unlawful operation. Graduate assistant London Warren, who played for 1st year head Tech coach Brian Gregory at Dayton, was charged with a DUI.
Rice was a passenger in a Cadillac Escalade in midtown Atlanta near the Georgia Tech campus, and the vehicle was pulled over after police responded to a shot being fired. Another passenger in the car – Steven Pryor – admitted to firing a shot from a 9mm pistol, but claimed it was an accident.
This explains why London Warren was suspended for Georgia Tech’s ACC Tournament game on Thursday.
Rice, a junior, averaged a career best 13.0 ppg for the Yellow Jackets, but he was suspended indefinitely in mid-February.
He was also suspended for the first three games of the season.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (2)