Mar 12, 2012, 2:38 AM EST
One of the few downsides of Selection Sunday is the timing of the NCAA tournament announcement. With four conference tournament championships ending just hours before the show, none of those wins ever get the attention they deserve. So how about a Photo of the Day?
Michigan State and Ohio State played a high-quality thriller. St. Bonaventure pulled off a surprise to take the A-10. Florida State beat North Carolina for the second time this season. And Vanderbilt knocked off the game’s big dog, Kentucky, in the SEC final.
Those aren’t small things. You can tell by how Commodores coach Kevin Stallings is burying his head in a towel to handle the emotions.
Now, senior Jeffrey Taylor, on the other hand. He’s using a different method. Both are simply what happens in March.
(Photo credit: Bill Haber/AP)
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 1
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)