Mar 12, 2012, 2:38 AM EDT
One of the few downsides of Selection Sunday is the timing of the NCAA tournament announcement. With four conference tournament championships ending just hours before the show, none of those wins ever get the attention they deserve. So how about a Photo of the Day?
Michigan State and Ohio State played a high-quality thriller. St. Bonaventure pulled off a surprise to take the A-10. Florida State beat North Carolina for the second time this season. And Vanderbilt knocked off the game’s big dog, Kentucky, in the SEC final.
Those aren’t small things. You can tell by how Commodores coach Kevin Stallings is burying his head in a towel to handle the emotions.
Now, senior Jeffrey Taylor, on the other hand. He’s using a different method. Both are simply what happens in March.
(Photo credit: Bill Haber/AP)
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 2
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 2
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte