Mar 12, 2012, 2:38 AM EST
One of the few downsides of Selection Sunday is the timing of the NCAA tournament announcement. With four conference tournament championships ending just hours before the show, none of those wins ever get the attention they deserve. So how about a Photo of the Day?
Michigan State and Ohio State played a high-quality thriller. St. Bonaventure pulled off a surprise to take the A-10. Florida State beat North Carolina for the second time this season. And Vanderbilt knocked off the game’s big dog, Kentucky, in the SEC final.
Those aren’t small things. You can tell by how Commodores coach Kevin Stallings is burying his head in a towel to handle the emotions.
Now, senior Jeffrey Taylor, on the other hand. He’s using a different method. Both are simply what happens in March.
(Photo credit: Bill Haber/AP)
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)