Mar 12, 2012, 2:38 AM EDT
One of the few downsides of Selection Sunday is the timing of the NCAA tournament announcement. With four conference tournament championships ending just hours before the show, none of those wins ever get the attention they deserve. So how about a Photo of the Day?
Michigan State and Ohio State played a high-quality thriller. St. Bonaventure pulled off a surprise to take the A-10. Florida State beat North Carolina for the second time this season. And Vanderbilt knocked off the game’s big dog, Kentucky, in the SEC final.
Those aren’t small things. You can tell by how Commodores coach Kevin Stallings is burying his head in a towel to handle the emotions.
Now, senior Jeffrey Taylor, on the other hand. He’s using a different method. Both are simply what happens in March.
(Photo credit: Bill Haber/AP)
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 8 Kansas loses, but The Andrew Wiggins Show is what’s important 1
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league 5
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (6)
- Bracketology: Eight teams in play for No. 1 seeds (6)