Mar 12, 2012, 2:38 AM EDT
One of the few downsides of Selection Sunday is the timing of the NCAA tournament announcement. With four conference tournament championships ending just hours before the show, none of those wins ever get the attention they deserve. So how about a Photo of the Day?
Michigan State and Ohio State played a high-quality thriller. St. Bonaventure pulled off a surprise to take the A-10. Florida State beat North Carolina for the second time this season. And Vanderbilt knocked off the game’s big dog, Kentucky, in the SEC final.
Those aren’t small things. You can tell by how Commodores coach Kevin Stallings is burying his head in a towel to handle the emotions.
Now, senior Jeffrey Taylor, on the other hand. He’s using a different method. Both are simply what happens in March.
(Photo credit: Bill Haber/AP)
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Norman Powell sees defense, rebounding as keys for UCLA 0
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)