Mar 13, 2012, 12:28 PM EDT
Georgia Tech has had its fill of Glen Rice Jr.
The Yellow Jackets booted the junior off the team Tuesday, less than a week after he was charged with permitting unlawful operation following a shooting incident near the school’s campus.
“There are certain standards that have to be met both on and off the court, and there has to be accountability when those standards aren’t met,” coach Brian Gregory said in a statement.
Rice led Georgia Tech (11-20) in scoring and rebounding this season, Gregory’s first as he starts to rebuild following Paul Hewitt’s tenure.
Rice will remain enrolled at the school through the spring semester.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle has formally declared for the NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 6
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)