Mar 13, 2012, 12:28 PM EDT
Georgia Tech has had its fill of Glen Rice Jr.
The Yellow Jackets booted the junior off the team Tuesday, less than a week after he was charged with permitting unlawful operation following a shooting incident near the school’s campus.
“There are certain standards that have to be met both on and off the court, and there has to be accountability when those standards aren’t met,” coach Brian Gregory said in a statement.
Rice led Georgia Tech (11-20) in scoring and rebounding this season, Gregory’s first as he starts to rebuild following Paul Hewitt’s tenure.
Rice will remain enrolled at the school through the spring semester.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (17)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)