Mar 13, 2012, 11:16 PM EDT
The Fab Melo ineligibility fallout for Syracuse has been quick and decisive: The Orange’s Final Four hopes are in serious trouble.
The 7-foot center is the anchor of the Orange’s famed 2-3 zone defense and one of the nation’s elite shot-blockers, not to mention the team’s leading rebounder. Losing to 16-seed UNC Asheville isn’t likely because they’re still talented, deep and awfully good. They’re just not great.
But why, exactly? What does Melo do that makes Syracuse, the East’s No. 1 seed, so dangerous? For that, I’ll turn to Bobby Gonzalez from SportsTalk. Best to have an ex-coach break that down.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Despite allegations Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 0
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 3
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 3
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional