Mar 13, 2012, 8:12 PM EDT
Here’s a tweet that could cause a ruckus.
Ryan Burr, host of ESPN’s College Basketball Final, had this on his Twitter account following the news that Syracuse center Fab Melo won’t be in the NCAA tournament because of eligibility issues and is likely to turn pro:
“Message 2 Nerelins Noel,” the nation’s No. 1 recruit, on twitter asking him how he would “like to be in the middle of the zone” with Fab Melo now turning pro.
The tweet has since been removed (there’s a screen shot below), but it references Nerlens Noel, who’s trying to settle on a school for 2012. The Orange and Kentucky are rumored to be his top two choices.
Did Burr, a Syracuse grad, mess things up for his school? Remains to be seen. There would’ve been a huge ruckus is Burr would’ve sent the message to Noel or if Burr is a booster deemed to have made “contact” with Noel. Those are NCAA no-nos.
This might not get Syracuse in trouble, but there’s a reason the tweet was removed. Don’t mess with the NCAA rules when it comes to recruiting. Nothing rankles the NCAA more. (Except later lying about it).
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)