Mar 13, 2012, 8:12 PM EST
Here’s a tweet that could cause a ruckus.
Ryan Burr, host of ESPN’s College Basketball Final, had this on his Twitter account following the news that Syracuse center Fab Melo won’t be in the NCAA tournament because of eligibility issues and is likely to turn pro:
“Message 2 Nerelins Noel,” the nation’s No. 1 recruit, on twitter asking him how he would “like to be in the middle of the zone” with Fab Melo now turning pro.
The tweet has since been removed (there’s a screen shot below), but it references Nerlens Noel, who’s trying to settle on a school for 2012. The Orange and Kentucky are rumored to be his top two choices.
Did Burr, a Syracuse grad, mess things up for his school? Remains to be seen. There would’ve been a huge ruckus is Burr would’ve sent the message to Noel or if Burr is a booster deemed to have made “contact” with Noel. Those are NCAA no-nos.
This might not get Syracuse in trouble, but there’s a reason the tweet was removed. Don’t mess with the NCAA rules when it comes to recruiting. Nothing rankles the NCAA more. (Except later lying about it).
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 2
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 1
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 2
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 5 Oklahoma State’s win over Purdue exemplifies issues with new foul rules (3)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)