Mar 13, 2012, 8:12 PM EDT
Here’s a tweet that could cause a ruckus.
Ryan Burr, host of ESPN’s College Basketball Final, had this on his Twitter account following the news that Syracuse center Fab Melo won’t be in the NCAA tournament because of eligibility issues and is likely to turn pro:
“Message 2 Nerelins Noel,” the nation’s No. 1 recruit, on twitter asking him how he would “like to be in the middle of the zone” with Fab Melo now turning pro.
The tweet has since been removed (there’s a screen shot below), but it references Nerlens Noel, who’s trying to settle on a school for 2012. The Orange and Kentucky are rumored to be his top two choices.
Did Burr, a Syracuse grad, mess things up for his school? Remains to be seen. There would’ve been a huge ruckus is Burr would’ve sent the message to Noel or if Burr is a booster deemed to have made “contact” with Noel. Those are NCAA no-nos.
This might not get Syracuse in trouble, but there’s a reason the tweet was removed. Don’t mess with the NCAA rules when it comes to recruiting. Nothing rankles the NCAA more. (Except later lying about it).
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)