Mar 14, 2012, 10:31 AM EDT
This year’s no different.
Obama filled out a bracket, had it teased at various points, then went through every pick this morning.
This winner: North Carolina, over Kentucky.
That’s choice that Tar Heels fans might like. The last time Obama picked the Tar Heels, they won it all. (He chose Kansas the last two seasons.) It’d also provide a nice measure of revenge for Roy Williams’ team, which lost to Kentucky earlier this season.
“I am just a sucker for the Tar Heels,” Obama said. “I love the way [Kendall] Marshall handles the ball, the way he distributes. They just have a balanced team. I am worried about [John] Henson [who is battling a wrist injury]. This is all a premise that Henson is going to be able to play.”
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (17)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)