Mar 16, 2012, 10:41 PM EST
Apparently the only thing better than seeing a No. 15 seed win an NCAA tournament game is watching a 15 seed beat Duke.
Anyone on Twitter or Facebook following Lehigh’s 75-70 victory could see evidence of that.
This Quickish compilation of tweets sums up the general schadenfreude regarding the “pleasure” in the Devils becoming just the sixth 2 seed to lose to a 15 seed.
Some go high on the sarcasm, such as D.J. Gallo: “Sometimes there’s so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can’t take it, like my heart is going to cave in.”
Others take outright glee in it. From Pete Abraham: “What a shame about Duke #thingsnobodywillsay.”
Those were tame compared to Facebook.
Among the comments from NBCSports.com and msnbc.com, approximately 5-10 percent were favorable toward the Devils, usually in some form of remorse (and most of those were usually related to how their brackets were doing).
It’s no secret Duke’s a polarizing team. Friday simply provided a massive megaphone for people to state their feelings.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Teams 0
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Who are the top five teams as of today? 1
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 1
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Why is Kentucky’s attendance going down? UK writer says Rupp is ‘stale’ (4)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Late Night Snacks: Rhode Island rivalry and VCU’s overtime (2)
- Wisconsin guard George Marshall seeking transfer (2)