Mar 16, 2012, 3:13 PM EDT
What’s better than a game on the deck of an aircraft carrier? TWO games on aircraft carriers!
After the Carrier Classic’s success featuring North Carolina and Michigan State on the deck of the USS Carl Vinson, another group has announced it’ll stage a game on the flight deck of aircraft carrier museum USS Midway in San Diego on Veterans Day weekend in 2012.
Syndicus Entertainment says San Diego State and Georgetown are among the teams invited, though no confirmation of participants is expected until after the NCAA tournament.
Oddly enough, the Carrier Classic recently announced it wouldn’t hold its event in San Diego for the 2012-13 season because there wouldn’t be a U.S. Navy ship available on that weekend. So it’s headed to Charleston, S.C. Connecticut’s expected to be one of the teams in that event.
Guess they should’ve thought of using a non-active vessel.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 2
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him