Mar 16, 2012, 3:13 PM EST
What’s better than a game on the deck of an aircraft carrier? TWO games on aircraft carriers!
After the Carrier Classic’s success featuring North Carolina and Michigan State on the deck of the USS Carl Vinson, another group has announced it’ll stage a game on the flight deck of aircraft carrier museum USS Midway in San Diego on Veterans Day weekend in 2012.
Syndicus Entertainment says San Diego State and Georgetown are among the teams invited, though no confirmation of participants is expected until after the NCAA tournament.
Oddly enough, the Carrier Classic recently announced it wouldn’t hold its event in San Diego for the 2012-13 season because there wouldn’t be a U.S. Navy ship available on that weekend. So it’s headed to Charleston, S.C. Connecticut’s expected to be one of the teams in that event.
Guess they should’ve thought of using a non-active vessel.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Figuring out the ACC 0
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games 2
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 5
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 2
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 2
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)