Mar 16, 2012, 3:22 PM EDT
John Henson is out today against Vermont.
A UNC spokesman officially announced it this aftertoon.
This isn’t a big deal, seeing as UNC is playing No. 16 seed Vermont. I would actually go as far as to say that this is a smart move if Henson isn’t 100%. They aren’t going to need him against the Catamounts, at least I hope they won’t. There is no sense risking further injury or delaying the recovery process in a game that he isn’t going to be needed.
The question now becomes whether or not the Heels are downplaying the severity of this injury, the same way that Syracuse downplayed Arinze Onuaku’s knee injury in the 2010 tournament. It will be interesting to monitor his status over the weekend.
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 1
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 13
- John Calipari: ‘We’re chasing perfection’ (14)
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Big Ten considering ‘protected rivalries’ for basketball schedule (9)
- Federal tax documents reveal that Mike Krzyzewski made $9.7 million in 2011 (4)
- Evan Gordon is transferring to Indiana (4)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car