Mar 17, 2012, 1:10 PM EST
There’s nothing better for newspaper sales in a small town than a big-time upset in the NCAA tournament. For the Daily Press of Hampton Roads, Va. and The Morning Call of Lehigh Valley, Pa., yesterday was one of those days.
The Daily Press christened Norfolk State’s upset of Missouri as the “Spartan Stunner”.
The Morning Call chose a great shot of Lehigh coach Brett Reed and called the win the “Thrill on the Hill”.
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 20 Most Improved Players 2
- College Hoops Week in Review: Wisconsin’s for real, and so is Chaz Williams 1
- Professor at center of UNC’s academic fraud case to face felony charges (8)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role (2)