Mar 17, 2012, 1:10 PM EDT
There’s nothing better for newspaper sales in a small town than a big-time upset in the NCAA tournament. For the Daily Press of Hampton Roads, Va. and The Morning Call of Lehigh Valley, Pa., yesterday was one of those days.
The Daily Press christened Norfolk State’s upset of Missouri as the “Spartan Stunner”.
The Morning Call chose a great shot of Lehigh coach Brett Reed and called the win the “Thrill on the Hill”.
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 10
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles