Mar 18, 2012, 6:12 PM EST
In a release sent out by St. John’s, freshman forward Moe Harkless and head coach Steve Lavin will hold a press conference at 2 PM EST to announce his intentions in regards to next season.
Many have been under the impression that Harkless, who was second on the team in scoring and first in rebounding, will declare for the NBA Draft but that remains to be seen.
Harkless, the Big East Rookie of the Year, averaged 15.2 points and 8.6 rebounds per game for the Red Storm, who struggled through much of league play due to a limited roster.
The Queens, NY native set a Big East record for most points scored in a league debut, scoring 32 points in the Red Storm’s win over Providence on December 27th.
NBADraft.net and DraftExpress.com both have Harkless going in the middle of the first round, just outside of the lottery.
If Harkless were to leave clearly that leaves one more hole to fill on a roster that should return all other key contributors, led by Big East All-Rookie Team guard D’Angelo Harrison.
Coach Lavin has picked up two commitments this spring, guard Felix Balamou and elite wing JaKarr Sampson, and Texas A&M transfer Jamal Branch will be eligible at the end of the fall semester.
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 4
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)