Mar 18, 2012, 6:12 PM EDT
In a release sent out by St. John’s, freshman forward Moe Harkless and head coach Steve Lavin will hold a press conference at 2 PM EST to announce his intentions in regards to next season.
Many have been under the impression that Harkless, who was second on the team in scoring and first in rebounding, will declare for the NBA Draft but that remains to be seen.
Harkless, the Big East Rookie of the Year, averaged 15.2 points and 8.6 rebounds per game for the Red Storm, who struggled through much of league play due to a limited roster.
The Queens, NY native set a Big East record for most points scored in a league debut, scoring 32 points in the Red Storm’s win over Providence on December 27th.
NBADraft.net and DraftExpress.com both have Harkless going in the middle of the first round, just outside of the lottery.
If Harkless were to leave clearly that leaves one more hole to fill on a roster that should return all other key contributors, led by Big East All-Rookie Team guard D’Angelo Harrison.
Coach Lavin has picked up two commitments this spring, guard Felix Balamou and elite wing JaKarr Sampson, and Texas A&M transfer Jamal Branch will be eligible at the end of the fall semester.
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 0
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (3)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)