Mar 18, 2012, 6:12 PM EST
In a release sent out by St. John’s, freshman forward Moe Harkless and head coach Steve Lavin will hold a press conference at 2 PM EST to announce his intentions in regards to next season.
Many have been under the impression that Harkless, who was second on the team in scoring and first in rebounding, will declare for the NBA Draft but that remains to be seen.
Harkless, the Big East Rookie of the Year, averaged 15.2 points and 8.6 rebounds per game for the Red Storm, who struggled through much of league play due to a limited roster.
The Queens, NY native set a Big East record for most points scored in a league debut, scoring 32 points in the Red Storm’s win over Providence on December 27th.
NBADraft.net and DraftExpress.com both have Harkless going in the middle of the first round, just outside of the lottery.
If Harkless were to leave clearly that leaves one more hole to fill on a roster that should return all other key contributors, led by Big East All-Rookie Team guard D’Angelo Harrison.
Coach Lavin has picked up two commitments this spring, guard Felix Balamou and elite wing JaKarr Sampson, and Texas A&M transfer Jamal Branch will be eligible at the end of the fall semester.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)