Mar 18, 2012, 6:12 PM EST
In a release sent out by St. John’s, freshman forward Moe Harkless and head coach Steve Lavin will hold a press conference at 2 PM EST to announce his intentions in regards to next season.
Many have been under the impression that Harkless, who was second on the team in scoring and first in rebounding, will declare for the NBA Draft but that remains to be seen.
Harkless, the Big East Rookie of the Year, averaged 15.2 points and 8.6 rebounds per game for the Red Storm, who struggled through much of league play due to a limited roster.
The Queens, NY native set a Big East record for most points scored in a league debut, scoring 32 points in the Red Storm’s win over Providence on December 27th.
NBADraft.net and DraftExpress.com both have Harkless going in the middle of the first round, just outside of the lottery.
If Harkless were to leave clearly that leaves one more hole to fill on a roster that should return all other key contributors, led by Big East All-Rookie Team guard D’Angelo Harrison.
Coach Lavin has picked up two commitments this spring, guard Felix Balamou and elite wing JaKarr Sampson, and Texas A&M transfer Jamal Branch will be eligible at the end of the fall semester.
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)