Mar 18, 2012, 6:12 PM EDT
In a release sent out by St. John’s, freshman forward Moe Harkless and head coach Steve Lavin will hold a press conference at 2 PM EST to announce his intentions in regards to next season.
Many have been under the impression that Harkless, who was second on the team in scoring and first in rebounding, will declare for the NBA Draft but that remains to be seen.
Harkless, the Big East Rookie of the Year, averaged 15.2 points and 8.6 rebounds per game for the Red Storm, who struggled through much of league play due to a limited roster.
The Queens, NY native set a Big East record for most points scored in a league debut, scoring 32 points in the Red Storm’s win over Providence on December 27th.
NBADraft.net and DraftExpress.com both have Harkless going in the middle of the first round, just outside of the lottery.
If Harkless were to leave clearly that leaves one more hole to fill on a roster that should return all other key contributors, led by Big East All-Rookie Team guard D’Angelo Harrison.
Coach Lavin has picked up two commitments this spring, guard Felix Balamou and elite wing JaKarr Sampson, and Texas A&M transfer Jamal Branch will be eligible at the end of the fall semester.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)