Mar 19, 2012, 1:32 PM EST
Buzz Williams is a smooth-talking Texan that has his Marquette Golden Eagles marching on into the Sweet 16, after a win over Murray State.
The often quotable Williams shows in the video below that sense of true caring and connecting with his players that have made him such a likeable figure in college basketball.
The public got a better look at Williams in a revealing Milwaukee Magazine profile that painted him as–get this–strikingly human. Unlike most college coaches, he did not play college basketball, instead serving as a student assistant. He seems to speak for all the non-athletes who still love the game of basketball.
Check out the video below:
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)