Mar 19, 2012, 1:32 PM EDT
Buzz Williams is a smooth-talking Texan that has his Marquette Golden Eagles marching on into the Sweet 16, after a win over Murray State.
The often quotable Williams shows in the video below that sense of true caring and connecting with his players that have made him such a likeable figure in college basketball.
The public got a better look at Williams in a revealing Milwaukee Magazine profile that painted him as–get this–strikingly human. Unlike most college coaches, he did not play college basketball, instead serving as a student assistant. He seems to speak for all the non-athletes who still love the game of basketball.
Check out the video below:
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 2
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement