Mar 19, 2012, 1:32 PM EDT
Buzz Williams is a smooth-talking Texan that has his Marquette Golden Eagles marching on into the Sweet 16, after a win over Murray State.
The often quotable Williams shows in the video below that sense of true caring and connecting with his players that have made him such a likeable figure in college basketball.
The public got a better look at Williams in a revealing Milwaukee Magazine profile that painted him as–get this–strikingly human. Unlike most college coaches, he did not play college basketball, instead serving as a student assistant. He seems to speak for all the non-athletes who still love the game of basketball.
Check out the video below:
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 0
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 1
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 1
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 6
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Three ACC, two Big Ten teams in Elite Eight (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)