Mar 19, 2012, 1:32 PM EDT
Buzz Williams is a smooth-talking Texan that has his Marquette Golden Eagles marching on into the Sweet 16, after a win over Murray State.
The often quotable Williams shows in the video below that sense of true caring and connecting with his players that have made him such a likeable figure in college basketball.
The public got a better look at Williams in a revealing Milwaukee Magazine profile that painted him as–get this–strikingly human. Unlike most college coaches, he did not play college basketball, instead serving as a student assistant. He seems to speak for all the non-athletes who still love the game of basketball.
Check out the video below:
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 2
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 2
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Born without a right hand, Omar Ndiaye looking for his chance 0
- Illinois starting point guard suffers season-ending knee injury 1
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Report: Providence legend Marvin ‘Bad News’ Barnes passes away (2)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)