Mar 19, 2012, 1:32 PM EDT
Buzz Williams is a smooth-talking Texan that has his Marquette Golden Eagles marching on into the Sweet 16, after a win over Murray State.
The often quotable Williams shows in the video below that sense of true caring and connecting with his players that have made him such a likeable figure in college basketball.
The public got a better look at Williams in a revealing Milwaukee Magazine profile that painted him as–get this–strikingly human. Unlike most college coaches, he did not play college basketball, instead serving as a student assistant. He seems to speak for all the non-athletes who still love the game of basketball.
Check out the video below:
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)