Mar 19, 2012, 1:34 AM EST
No sense in messing around today. Kendall Marshall’s broken right wrist is the story of the day.
May as well make it the Photo of the Day as well.
Picture this. It’s the second half. North Carolina has a comfortable lead against Creighton, but wants to keep the pressure on because the Bluejays can score nearly as well as the Tar Heels. So Marshall – the Heels’ starting point guard and most indispensable player – drives to the basket. He gets a hard foul from Creighton’s Ethan Wragge and crashes to the floor.
If UNC doesn’t win it all, this is the instant it all changed.
(Photo credit: Chris Keane/Reuters)
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Team 0
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Who are the top five teams as of today? 1
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 1
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (6)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Congratulations to Dickie V on 35 years of broadcasting (VIDEO) (3)
- VCU’s half court scoring issues becoming a concern? (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)