Mar 20, 2012, 4:02 PM EDT
Kansas was awfully cool under pressure on Sunday.
The men’s basketball team completed a wild rally against Purdue, while the members of the school’s spirit squad performed an even more impressive feat.
As they were preparing to board the team bus to watch the women’s team play an NCAA tournament Nebraska, they heard someone yell for help from a nearby parking lot. A man was trapped under a Cadillac that has rolled off a jack.
So nine members lifted the car high enough for him to crawl out. He was bloody and disoriented, but OK.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0
- Aaron Gordon: ‘Whatever Coach Miller wants me to play, I’ll play it.’ 0
- Bruce Pearl could have starred in Welcome Back, Kotter in the 1970s 0
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires