Mar 20, 2012, 11:20 AM EDT
Dan Hurley’s taking his coaching talents to Rhode Island.
Hurley, 39, will reportedly sign a six-year contract worth almost $700,000 per season.
Hurley spent the last two years at Wagner, taking the Seahawks from 5-26 the year before he arrived to 25-6 this season and finished second in the Northeast Conference. They lost in the tournament semifinals. He was 38-23 in two seasons. Hurley also spent nine years coaching high school hoops in New Jersey, where he was 223-21.
Rhode Island was 7-24 last season under Jim Baron, who had been at the school since 2001-02.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- 2014 Big 12 Tournament Preview: This is going to be good 1
- 2014 Big East Tournament Preview: Can Villanova finally beat Creighton? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 4
- Bracketology: Florida in driver’s seat for overall No. 1 seed 4
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans 8
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (10)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (8)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)