Mar 20, 2012, 11:20 AM EDT
Dan Hurley’s taking his coaching talents to Rhode Island.
Hurley, 39, will reportedly sign a six-year contract worth almost $700,000 per season.
Hurley spent the last two years at Wagner, taking the Seahawks from 5-26 the year before he arrived to 25-6 this season and finished second in the Northeast Conference. They lost in the tournament semifinals. He was 38-23 in two seasons. Hurley also spent nine years coaching high school hoops in New Jersey, where he was 223-21.
Rhode Island was 7-24 last season under Jim Baron, who had been at the school since 2001-02.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)