Mar 20, 2012, 11:20 AM EDT
Dan Hurley’s taking his coaching talents to Rhode Island.
Hurley, 39, will reportedly sign a six-year contract worth almost $700,000 per season.
Hurley spent the last two years at Wagner, taking the Seahawks from 5-26 the year before he arrived to 25-6 this season and finished second in the Northeast Conference. They lost in the tournament semifinals. He was 38-23 in two seasons. Hurley also spent nine years coaching high school hoops in New Jersey, where he was 223-21.
Rhode Island was 7-24 last season under Jim Baron, who had been at the school since 2001-02.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 2
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)