Mar 21, 2012, 1:46 PM EDT
Gregg Marshall has no interest in coaching Nebraska. Not that Cornhuskers athletic director Tom Osborne admits he even wants the Wichita State coach.
According to the Omaha World-Herald, Marshall turned down Nebraska’s offer to replace Doc Sadler. One source told the paper Marshall had no interest in the job.
The school has interviewed Oral Roberts’ Scott Sutton and the paper reports that the school may have had direct contact with Colorado State’s Tim Miles and Wisconsin-Milwakee’s Rob Jeter, but Osborne says it hasn’t been directly offered to anyone. His statement:
“Our head men’s basketball position has not been offered to any individual at this point and will not be offered until we have fully completed the process. A job offer would not be extended without athletic department officials first having an opportunity to meet in person with that candidate.”
Other coaches who’ve been targeted in the school’s search, according to the paper, include Gonzaga’s Mark Few and Colorado’s Tad Boyle. UCLA’s Ben Howland reportedly had talks with Nebraska, but eventually backed away.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 1
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 4
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 3
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (14)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy