Mar 21, 2012, 1:24 PM EST
Ready for the latest update on Kendall Marshall’s fractured right wrist? Sweet!
North Carolina’s sophomore point guard tweeted earlier this morning that the cast from his surgery Monday to insert a screw into his wrist is now off.
But that’s it for the update. Everything else remains the same.
The Tar Heels are still preparing to play without Marshall on Friday, Roy Williams will still field hundreds of questions on the subject and Marshall – a lefty – still seems likely to play at some point if they need him.
But when you’ve got a guy who averages 10 assists a game sitting on the sideline, you can understand the constant updates.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 20 Most Improved Players 2
- College Hoops Week in Review: Wisconsin’s for real, and so is Chaz Williams 1
- Professor at center of UNC’s academic fraud case to face felony charges (8)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role (2)