Mar 21, 2012, 2:29 PM EDT
They may not have been the prettiest basketball team to watch in 2011-12, but South Florida went a lot farther than the 14-seed in the Big East that they were projected to be in the preseason media poll.
Despite having no one player average double digits in scoring, the Bulls won 22 games and came one win away from the Sweet 16.
Stan Heath is as likeable a coach in college basketball as you’ll come across and, after being on the hottest of hot seats more than once in his tenure at South Florida, it looks like he will be sticking around, thanks to the fine job he did this season.
Heath said that, once his team got back to campus, players were already back in the gym and lifting weights, preparing for workouts and the season to come.
With realignment clearing some (albeit a small) space at the top of the Big East, perhaps the Bulls can prove that this year wasn’t a fluke.
Take look at the video below to see Heath’s full comments.
- Report: Devonta Pollard no longer enrolled at Alabama 0
- Communication plays vital role in development of Marquette’s Vander Blue 0
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0