Mar 21, 2012, 9:33 AM EST
Pop quiz. Complete the following analogy regarding indispensable players in the Sweet 16.
Kendall Marshall : North Carolina : :
A) Cody Zeller : Indiana
B) Erik Murphy : Florida
C) Tu Holloway : Xavier
D) Peyton Siva : Louisville
E) Jordan Taylor : Wisconsin
The answer, obviously, is all of the above. That’s how Vin Parise sees those five in terms of how crucial they are to their team’s chances of winning a title. Murphy is a choice that might inspire some questions, but Vin says Murphy’s outside shooting and rebounding are essential to the Gators’ chances.
Bobby Gonzalez, on the other hand, has five other guys. Watch.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 20 Most Improved Players 2
- College Hoops Week in Review: Wisconsin’s for real, and so is Chaz Williams 1
- Professor at center of UNC’s academic fraud case to face felony charges (8)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role (2)