Mar 22, 2012, 5:46 PM EDT
Doug McDermott’s breakout season at Creighton won’t lead to the NBA. Not yet, at least.
The sophomore said Thursday that he’s not considering entering the draft. His dad, Greg – also Creighton’s coach – says the forward is “having fun doing it with this team,” according to the AP.
McDermott averaged 22.9 points per game this season, third-most in D-I. He’s also among the nation’s most efficient players, hitting 48.6 percent of his attempt beyond the arc and 60 percent overall. He also led the Bluejays with 8.2 rebounds a game.
He’s expected to be a first-round pick if he enters the draft after his junior season.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 9
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles