Mar 23, 2012, 6:39 PM EDT
Freshman point guard Stilman White will get the start, but expect senior Justin Watts to see plenty of playing time. He’s a superior defender to the true freshman White.
The Tar Heels (31-5) are the Midwest’s No. 1 seed and are double-digit favorites against No. 13 Ohio, the lowest-seeded team remaining in the tournament. With three future NBA lottery picks in the frontcourt — Tyler Zeller, John Henson and Harrison Barnes — the Heels aren’t lacking for talent. Expect them to look for the big guys early and often.
Marshall, who had surgery Monday to repair a fractured right wrist, tweeted his support for the team Friday evening. “We are still Carolina Basketball. #RiseAsOne #PassFir5t.”
White has played a total of 136 minutes this season. Marshall plays about 33 minutes a game.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)