Mar 23, 2012, 6:39 PM EDT
Freshman point guard Stilman White will get the start, but expect senior Justin Watts to see plenty of playing time. He’s a superior defender to the true freshman White.
The Tar Heels (31-5) are the Midwest’s No. 1 seed and are double-digit favorites against No. 13 Ohio, the lowest-seeded team remaining in the tournament. With three future NBA lottery picks in the frontcourt — Tyler Zeller, John Henson and Harrison Barnes — the Heels aren’t lacking for talent. Expect them to look for the big guys early and often.
Marshall, who had surgery Monday to repair a fractured right wrist, tweeted his support for the team Friday evening. “We are still Carolina Basketball. #RiseAsOne #PassFir5t.”
White has played a total of 136 minutes this season. Marshall plays about 33 minutes a game.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 0
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)