Mar 23, 2012, 6:39 PM EST
Freshman point guard Stilman White will get the start, but expect senior Justin Watts to see plenty of playing time. He’s a superior defender to the true freshman White.
The Tar Heels (31-5) are the Midwest’s No. 1 seed and are double-digit favorites against No. 13 Ohio, the lowest-seeded team remaining in the tournament. With three future NBA lottery picks in the frontcourt — Tyler Zeller, John Henson and Harrison Barnes — the Heels aren’t lacking for talent. Expect them to look for the big guys early and often.
Marshall, who had surgery Monday to repair a fractured right wrist, tweeted his support for the team Friday evening. “We are still Carolina Basketball. #RiseAsOne #PassFir5t.”
White has played a total of 136 minutes this season. Marshall plays about 33 minutes a game.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 2
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 1
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)