Mar 23, 2012, 2:16 AM EDT
When Louisville’s most famous native son comes to watch you play, that probably indicated it was the Cardinals’ night.
None other than Muhammad Ali watch Louisville’s 57-44 win Thursday night against top-seeded Michigan State. It wasn’t a delightful game for Ali to watch – the Spartans had more turnovers than made shots – but I doubt he cared. Not when he could watch the Cardinals advance to the Elite Eight for the second time in four years.
On that note, Ali makes the Photo of the Day. That’s how one treats the GOAT.
(For those in search of some action photos, try here. There’s a great shot of a Chane Behanan dunk.)
(Photo credit: Matt York: AP)
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)