Mar 23, 2012, 2:16 AM EDT
When Louisville’s most famous native son comes to watch you play, that probably indicated it was the Cardinals’ night.
None other than Muhammad Ali watch Louisville’s 57-44 win Thursday night against top-seeded Michigan State. It wasn’t a delightful game for Ali to watch – the Spartans had more turnovers than made shots – but I doubt he cared. Not when he could watch the Cardinals advance to the Elite Eight for the second time in four years.
On that note, Ali makes the Photo of the Day. That’s how one treats the GOAT.
(For those in search of some action photos, try here. There’s a great shot of a Chane Behanan dunk.)
(Photo credit: Matt York: AP)
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)