Mar 23, 2012, 2:16 AM EDT
When Louisville’s most famous native son comes to watch you play, that probably indicated it was the Cardinals’ night.
None other than Muhammad Ali watch Louisville’s 57-44 win Thursday night against top-seeded Michigan State. It wasn’t a delightful game for Ali to watch – the Spartans had more turnovers than made shots – but I doubt he cared. Not when he could watch the Cardinals advance to the Elite Eight for the second time in four years.
On that note, Ali makes the Photo of the Day. That’s how one treats the GOAT.
(For those in search of some action photos, try here. There’s a great shot of a Chane Behanan dunk.)
(Photo credit: Matt York: AP)
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 0
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)