Mar 23, 2012, 2:16 AM EDT
When Louisville’s most famous native son comes to watch you play, that probably indicated it was the Cardinals’ night.
None other than Muhammad Ali watch Louisville’s 57-44 win Thursday night against top-seeded Michigan State. It wasn’t a delightful game for Ali to watch – the Spartans had more turnovers than made shots – but I doubt he cared. Not when he could watch the Cardinals advance to the Elite Eight for the second time in four years.
On that note, Ali makes the Photo of the Day. That’s how one treats the GOAT.
(For those in search of some action photos, try here. There’s a great shot of a Chane Behanan dunk.)
(Photo credit: Matt York: AP)
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)