Mar 23, 2012, 2:16 AM EDT
When Louisville’s most famous native son comes to watch you play, that probably indicated it was the Cardinals’ night.
None other than Muhammad Ali watch Louisville’s 57-44 win Thursday night against top-seeded Michigan State. It wasn’t a delightful game for Ali to watch – the Spartans had more turnovers than made shots – but I doubt he cared. Not when he could watch the Cardinals advance to the Elite Eight for the second time in four years.
On that note, Ali makes the Photo of the Day. That’s how one treats the GOAT.
(For those in search of some action photos, try here. There’s a great shot of a Chane Behanan dunk.)
(Photo credit: Matt York: AP)
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 1
- George Washington joins ‘cool court club’, redesigns home floor 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 12
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims