Mar 23, 2012, 2:08 AM EDT
The college basketball transfer market over the last week has been busier than the NFL free agency market it seems, and six more names were added to transfer lists on Thursday.
San Francisco head coach Rex Walters announced that six players would be leaving the West Coast Conference program, led by starters Perris Blackwell and Michael Williams.
Blackwell wasn an Honorable Mention All-WCC selection as he averaged 12.7 points and 6.1 rebounds per game for the Dons, who lost in the WCC tournament semifinals to eventual champion Saint Mary’s.
Williams averaged 11.1 points per game, and the departure of these two leaves USF with just one returning starter (point guard Cody Doolin).
Also leaving the program are reserves Justin Raffington, Charles Standifer, Khalil Murphy and Avery Johnson.
USF will also have to account for the graduation of starters Angelo Caloiaro and Rashad Green, and with just six returning players that task will be a very difficult one to accomplish.
H/t to @AndyHutchins for the link.
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 13
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field (15)