Mar 23, 2012, 2:08 AM EDT
The college basketball transfer market over the last week has been busier than the NFL free agency market it seems, and six more names were added to transfer lists on Thursday.
San Francisco head coach Rex Walters announced that six players would be leaving the West Coast Conference program, led by starters Perris Blackwell and Michael Williams.
Blackwell wasn an Honorable Mention All-WCC selection as he averaged 12.7 points and 6.1 rebounds per game for the Dons, who lost in the WCC tournament semifinals to eventual champion Saint Mary’s.
Williams averaged 11.1 points per game, and the departure of these two leaves USF with just one returning starter (point guard Cody Doolin).
Also leaving the program are reserves Justin Raffington, Charles Standifer, Khalil Murphy and Avery Johnson.
USF will also have to account for the graduation of starters Angelo Caloiaro and Rashad Green, and with just six returning players that task will be a very difficult one to accomplish.
H/t to @AndyHutchins for the link.
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 7
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (7)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)