Mar 23, 2012, 2:08 AM EDT
The college basketball transfer market over the last week has been busier than the NFL free agency market it seems, and six more names were added to transfer lists on Thursday.
San Francisco head coach Rex Walters announced that six players would be leaving the West Coast Conference program, led by starters Perris Blackwell and Michael Williams.
Blackwell wasn an Honorable Mention All-WCC selection as he averaged 12.7 points and 6.1 rebounds per game for the Dons, who lost in the WCC tournament semifinals to eventual champion Saint Mary’s.
Williams averaged 11.1 points per game, and the departure of these two leaves USF with just one returning starter (point guard Cody Doolin).
Also leaving the program are reserves Justin Raffington, Charles Standifer, Khalil Murphy and Avery Johnson.
USF will also have to account for the graduation of starters Angelo Caloiaro and Rashad Green, and with just six returning players that task will be a very difficult one to accomplish.
H/t to @AndyHutchins for the link.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)