Mar 23, 2012, 2:08 AM EDT
The college basketball transfer market over the last week has been busier than the NFL free agency market it seems, and six more names were added to transfer lists on Thursday.
San Francisco head coach Rex Walters announced that six players would be leaving the West Coast Conference program, led by starters Perris Blackwell and Michael Williams.
Blackwell wasn an Honorable Mention All-WCC selection as he averaged 12.7 points and 6.1 rebounds per game for the Dons, who lost in the WCC tournament semifinals to eventual champion Saint Mary’s.
Williams averaged 11.1 points per game, and the departure of these two leaves USF with just one returning starter (point guard Cody Doolin).
Also leaving the program are reserves Justin Raffington, Charles Standifer, Khalil Murphy and Avery Johnson.
USF will also have to account for the graduation of starters Angelo Caloiaro and Rashad Green, and with just six returning players that task will be a very difficult one to accomplish.
H/t to @AndyHutchins for the link.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)