Mar 23, 2012, 2:08 AM EST
The college basketball transfer market over the last week has been busier than the NFL free agency market it seems, and six more names were added to transfer lists on Thursday.
San Francisco head coach Rex Walters announced that six players would be leaving the West Coast Conference program, led by starters Perris Blackwell and Michael Williams.
Blackwell wasn an Honorable Mention All-WCC selection as he averaged 12.7 points and 6.1 rebounds per game for the Dons, who lost in the WCC tournament semifinals to eventual champion Saint Mary’s.
Williams averaged 11.1 points per game, and the departure of these two leaves USF with just one returning starter (point guard Cody Doolin).
Also leaving the program are reserves Justin Raffington, Charles Standifer, Khalil Murphy and Avery Johnson.
USF will also have to account for the graduation of starters Angelo Caloiaro and Rashad Green, and with just six returning players that task will be a very difficult one to accomplish.
H/t to @AndyHutchins for the link.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)