Mar 24, 2012, 12:01 AM EDT
Kendall Marshall didn’t play, but he spent nearly all of North Carolina’s overtime win against Ohio doing what he does when he’s on the floor – run the show.
Marshall, attired in a black suit and not a Tar Heels uniform because of his fractured right wrist, watched the game from the UNC bench. He couldn’t have been pleased at his team’s offensive execution – 24 turnovers and just 40 percent shooting – but that didn’t stop him from trying to help smooth it all out.
Give the kid some credit. It’s tough to maintain a sense of humor when you’re forced to watch your team play without you.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 10
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles