Mar 24, 2012, 7:49 AM EST
Doron Lamb saw this coming. At least he says he did.
“Today in the pregame, we all made our foul shots, so I knew today would be a great time for us making foul shots today, and we did today,” he said.
Some? Doron, Kentucky made more than “some” free throws. Try an amazing 35 of 37 from the free-throw line during Friday night’s 102-90 win against Indiana. That’s the most in an NCAA tournament game since Arizona hit 43 vs. Illinois in 2001 and just misses out on a top-10 mark for any tournament game.
But, it was the more free throws attempted while missing two or fewer in any game this season and was the program’s best performance from the line (with at least 30 attempts) since 2006. And to do it against Indiana, a team that’d already beaten Kentucky once this season and was finding so many ways to score that the ‘Cats had hit everything just to stay ahead, is quite a feat.
“It’s not any big deal,” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist said. “We’re just taking our time with free throws.”
Put it this way: If Kentucky makes 95 percent of its free-throw attempts the rest of the tournament, everyone else is toast.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)