Mar 24, 2012, 7:49 AM EDT
Doron Lamb saw this coming. At least he says he did.
“Today in the pregame, we all made our foul shots, so I knew today would be a great time for us making foul shots today, and we did today,” he said.
Some? Doron, Kentucky made more than “some” free throws. Try an amazing 35 of 37 from the free-throw line during Friday night’s 102-90 win against Indiana. That’s the most in an NCAA tournament game since Arizona hit 43 vs. Illinois in 2001 and just misses out on a top-10 mark for any tournament game.
But, it was the more free throws attempted while missing two or fewer in any game this season and was the program’s best performance from the line (with at least 30 attempts) since 2006. And to do it against Indiana, a team that’d already beaten Kentucky once this season and was finding so many ways to score that the ‘Cats had hit everything just to stay ahead, is quite a feat.
“It’s not any big deal,” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist said. “We’re just taking our time with free throws.”
Put it this way: If Kentucky makes 95 percent of its free-throw attempts the rest of the tournament, everyone else is toast.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)