Mar 24, 2012, 7:49 AM EST
Doron Lamb saw this coming. At least he says he did.
“Today in the pregame, we all made our foul shots, so I knew today would be a great time for us making foul shots today, and we did today,” he said.
Some? Doron, Kentucky made more than “some” free throws. Try an amazing 35 of 37 from the free-throw line during Friday night’s 102-90 win against Indiana. That’s the most in an NCAA tournament game since Arizona hit 43 vs. Illinois in 2001 and just misses out on a top-10 mark for any tournament game.
But, it was the more free throws attempted while missing two or fewer in any game this season and was the program’s best performance from the line (with at least 30 attempts) since 2006. And to do it against Indiana, a team that’d already beaten Kentucky once this season and was finding so many ways to score that the ‘Cats had hit everything just to stay ahead, is quite a feat.
“It’s not any big deal,” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist said. “We’re just taking our time with free throws.”
Put it this way: If Kentucky makes 95 percent of its free-throw attempts the rest of the tournament, everyone else is toast.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 1
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)