Mar 24, 2012, 2:35 AM EDT
Friday’s four games featured plenty of drama and no shortage of superb photos. As always, you can find the best collection of shots in our NCAA tournament slideshow. (Tom Pritchard’s dunk over Marquis Teague is especially good.)
But I went with something that reflected the tone of the Kansas-N.C. State game for the Photo of the Day.
The Jayhawks outlasted the Wolfpack, but it was only after both teams showcased some impressive physical play. Nothing came easy in this game. I mean, look at Thomas Robinson’s eye in this shot. You can almost feel the reverberations.
(Photo credit: Andy Lyons/Getty)
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0
- Aaron Gordon: ‘Whatever Coach Miller wants me to play, I’ll play it.’ 0
- Bruce Pearl could have starred in Welcome Back, Kotter in the 1970s 0
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires