Mar 25, 2012, 3:40 PM EDT
Kentucky started slow, but that didn’t last. Now it looks like Baylor won’t last much longer.
The South’s No. 1 seed led Baylor 42-22 at halftime of Sunday’s regional final, showing superior passing, athleticism and smarts. It’s just not close.
But the Wildcats have work to do before setting a record for margin of victory.
Duke’s 47-point win against Connecticut in the 1964 East Regional final is the record for Elite Eight games. Villanova beat Penn 90-47 in 1971 and Princeton beat Providence 109-69 in 1965.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0
- Aaron Gordon: ‘Whatever Coach Miller wants me to play, I’ll play it.’ 0
- Bruce Pearl could have starred in Welcome Back, Kotter in the 1970s 0
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires