Mar 25, 2012, 7:41 PM EDT
The state of Kentucky has two teams in the Final Four, but it won’t get the primetime TV slot for Saturday’s games.
The rematch between the Wildcats and Cardinals is the early game, set for a 6:09 p.m. ET tip-off. It’s kind of a surprise given the attention surrounding Kentucky and the prospect of facing former coach Rick Pitino in the Final Four. That’ll be the game that receives the most attention this week.
That leaves Kansas-Ohio State as the late game, with an 8:49 p.m. tip. Perhaps the multiple coverage areas (much of Ohio and the Kansas City area) swayed CBS.
Regardless, it’s a win-win scenario given the teams. All four are college basketball heavyweights. Ratings should be superb if the games are close at all.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)