Mar 25, 2012, 7:41 PM EDT
The state of Kentucky has two teams in the Final Four, but it won’t get the primetime TV slot for Saturday’s games.
The rematch between the Wildcats and Cardinals is the early game, set for a 6:09 p.m. ET tip-off. It’s kind of a surprise given the attention surrounding Kentucky and the prospect of facing former coach Rick Pitino in the Final Four. That’ll be the game that receives the most attention this week.
That leaves Kansas-Ohio State as the late game, with an 8:49 p.m. tip. Perhaps the multiple coverage areas (much of Ohio and the Kansas City area) swayed CBS.
Regardless, it’s a win-win scenario given the teams. All four are college basketball heavyweights. Ratings should be superb if the games are close at all.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0