Mar 25, 2012, 4:41 PM EST
A source told Zagoria that Waiters was, “definitely not coming back” to school.
Waiters was heavily critical of the refereeing in Syracuse’s 77-70 loss to Ohio State, even going as far as to say that it felt like the Orange “were playing five-on-eight.” If the report holds true, it would prove to be his last game at Syracuse.
The Philadelphia native averaged almost 13 points and three assists per game, coming off the bench this season. Despite being the Sixth Man, he was arguably the Orange’s most important player, perhaps rivaled by center Fab Melo.
Waiters continues to build an NBA-ready body, reportedly having a body fat composition of only 4 percent. Add that to the fact that he plays with a signature kind of swagger, and he is building a persona that could match his physical build.
Analysts say Waiters could be a Top 20 pick in the 2012 draft.
Players who retain their amateur status have until April 10 to remove their names from the NBA draft early-entry list, but the NBA does not require their names be entered until April 29.
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 2
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 1
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 0
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (10)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)