Mar 27, 2012, 11:38 PM EDT
Underdogs? Not at the women’s NCAA tournament.
Notre Dame crushed Maryland 80-49 Tuesday night to complete the tourney’s Final Four, which has nothing but No. 1 seeds: the Irish, Baylor, Stanford and UConn. And they’ve all played like top seeds, too.
Skylar Diggins notched a triple-double, scoring 22 points, dishing 11 assists and grabbing 10 rebounds, not to mention five steals on the night.
She ensured the Irish (34-3) had no trouble against the Terps, who trailed by double digits early and never came close. It’s their fourth Final Four appearance.
Notre Dame now faces UConn on Sunday in Denver, the fourth time these two have played each other this season. The Huskies beat Notre Dame in the Big East tournament title game, but lost the other two games.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 0
- George Washington joins ‘cool court club’, redesigns home floor 0
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 0
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 11
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel