Mar 27, 2012, 11:38 PM EDT
Underdogs? Not at the women’s NCAA tournament.
Notre Dame crushed Maryland 80-49 Tuesday night to complete the tourney’s Final Four, which has nothing but No. 1 seeds: the Irish, Baylor, Stanford and UConn. And they’ve all played like top seeds, too.
Skylar Diggins notched a triple-double, scoring 22 points, dishing 11 assists and grabbing 10 rebounds, not to mention five steals on the night.
She ensured the Irish (34-3) had no trouble against the Terps, who trailed by double digits early and never came close. It’s their fourth Final Four appearance.
Notre Dame now faces UConn on Sunday in Denver, the fourth time these two have played each other this season. The Huskies beat Notre Dame in the Big East tournament title game, but lost the other two games.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)