Mar 27, 2012, 11:38 PM EDT
Underdogs? Not at the women’s NCAA tournament.
Notre Dame crushed Maryland 80-49 Tuesday night to complete the tourney’s Final Four, which has nothing but No. 1 seeds: the Irish, Baylor, Stanford and UConn. And they’ve all played like top seeds, too.
Skylar Diggins notched a triple-double, scoring 22 points, dishing 11 assists and grabbing 10 rebounds, not to mention five steals on the night.
She ensured the Irish (34-3) had no trouble against the Terps, who trailed by double digits early and never came close. It’s their fourth Final Four appearance.
Notre Dame now faces UConn on Sunday in Denver, the fourth time these two have played each other this season. The Huskies beat Notre Dame in the Big East tournament title game, but lost the other two games.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)