Mar 27, 2012, 11:38 PM EST
Underdogs? Not at the women’s NCAA tournament.
Notre Dame crushed Maryland 80-49 Tuesday night to complete the tourney’s Final Four, which has nothing but No. 1 seeds: the Irish, Baylor, Stanford and UConn. And they’ve all played like top seeds, too.
Skylar Diggins notched a triple-double, scoring 22 points, dishing 11 assists and grabbing 10 rebounds, not to mention five steals on the night.
She ensured the Irish (34-3) had no trouble against the Terps, who trailed by double digits early and never came close. It’s their fourth Final Four appearance.
Notre Dame now faces UConn on Sunday in Denver, the fourth time these two have played each other this season. The Huskies beat Notre Dame in the Big East tournament title game, but lost the other two games.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 0
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 2
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Congratulations to Dickie V on 35 years of broadcasting (VIDEO) (2)
- VCU’s half court scoring issues becoming a concern? (2)