Mar 27, 2012, 11:38 PM EST
Underdogs? Not at the women’s NCAA tournament.
Notre Dame crushed Maryland 80-49 Tuesday night to complete the tourney’s Final Four, which has nothing but No. 1 seeds: the Irish, Baylor, Stanford and UConn. And they’ve all played like top seeds, too.
Skylar Diggins notched a triple-double, scoring 22 points, dishing 11 assists and grabbing 10 rebounds, not to mention five steals on the night.
She ensured the Irish (34-3) had no trouble against the Terps, who trailed by double digits early and never came close. It’s their fourth Final Four appearance.
Notre Dame now faces UConn on Sunday in Denver, the fourth time these two have played each other this season. The Huskies beat Notre Dame in the Big East tournament title game, but lost the other two games.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 4
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)