Mar 28, 2012, 10:59 PM EDT
There are few athletes in sports who have the ability to fire up teammates like Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis.
Stanford head coach Johnny Dawkins took advantage of this before his team’s Postseason NIT semifinal against Massachusetts, a game the Cardinal won 74-64.
Five years following his retirement Lewis is headed for Canton as one of the greatest linebackers to have ever played professional football. Maybe he can do some motivational speaking as well.
Stanford takes on Minnesota in the Postseason NIT title game on Thursday night at Madison Square Garden.
h/t to SB Nation
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)