Mar 28, 2012, 10:59 PM EDT
There are few athletes in sports who have the ability to fire up teammates like Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis.
Stanford head coach Johnny Dawkins took advantage of this before his team’s Postseason NIT semifinal against Massachusetts, a game the Cardinal won 74-64.
Five years following his retirement Lewis is headed for Canton as one of the greatest linebackers to have ever played professional football. Maybe he can do some motivational speaking as well.
Stanford takes on Minnesota in the Postseason NIT title game on Thursday night at Madison Square Garden.
h/t to SB Nation
- Joel Embiid out for Big 12 tournament, ‘longshot’ for NCAA tournament first weekend 0
- 2014 Big 12 Tournament Preview: This is going to be good 1
- 2014 Big East Tournament Preview: Can Villanova finally beat Creighton? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 4
- Bracketology: Florida in driver’s seat for overall No. 1 seed 5
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans 8
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (8)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)