Mar 28, 2012, 10:59 PM EDT
There are few athletes in sports who have the ability to fire up teammates like Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis.
Stanford head coach Johnny Dawkins took advantage of this before his team’s Postseason NIT semifinal against Massachusetts, a game the Cardinal won 74-64.
Five years following his retirement Lewis is headed for Canton as one of the greatest linebackers to have ever played professional football. Maybe he can do some motivational speaking as well.
Stanford takes on Minnesota in the Postseason NIT title game on Thursday night at Madison Square Garden.
h/t to SB Nation
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 2
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 2
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte