Mar 29, 2012, 6:16 PM EDT
To say that the week for Jonathan Holton has gone from bad to worse would be an understatement. And as a result the freshman forward from Miami will no longer be a Rhode Island Ram.
According to URI police Holton was arrested at 7:54 am, and the Atlantic 10 All-Rookie Team member is no longer enrolled at the school.
Holton was arraigned on charges of the possession of stolen goods (relating to the confiscated laptop) and being a fugitive on Thursday morning, and he was released on his own recognizance after signing a waiver of extradition.
Holton has to turn himself in to Miami-Dade police on April 4th. Holton averaged 10.2 points and 8.1 rebounds per game for URI, who recently hired Dan Hurley as their new head coach.
Photo Credit: University of Rhode Island
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 8
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Blue Jays-Yankees finale scrubbed by rain