Mar 29, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
Seen as an object of ridicule by many, the unibrow has been held in high esteem by member of the Kentucky fan base thanks to freshman forward Anthony Davis.
But for what it’s worth the Chicago native has taken it all in stride, and he doesn’t mind the attention one bit according to Jeff Eisenberg of Yahoo! Sports.
“I just embrace it,” Davis said Thursday. “The fans enjoy it and the signs are everywhere now. They’ve been making everything out of it. I’ve even seen a baby with a unibrow on Twitter. So these fans are nuts, but I love it.”
From babies to adult fans doing bizarre things with their body hair to T-shirts and even Davis’ own mother wearing a mask, the popularity of the unibrow has skyrocketed within Big Blue Nation.
Davis experienced the popularity of his monobrowistic look firsthand during the South Regional in Atlanta when a young girl approached him as he walked back to Kentucky’s team hotel.
“She got on her knees and bowed down to me like I was a king and said, ‘Bow to the Brow.’ She was like 5 or 6,” Davis told The Associated Press. “I just started laughing.”
Two more wins and it may be time to put Davis alongside the likes of Frida Kahlo and Bert from “Sesame Street” when it comes to some of the most famous unibrows.
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 2
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 2
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte