Mar 29, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
Seen as an object of ridicule by many, the unibrow has been held in high esteem by member of the Kentucky fan base thanks to freshman forward Anthony Davis.
But for what it’s worth the Chicago native has taken it all in stride, and he doesn’t mind the attention one bit according to Jeff Eisenberg of Yahoo! Sports.
“I just embrace it,” Davis said Thursday. “The fans enjoy it and the signs are everywhere now. They’ve been making everything out of it. I’ve even seen a baby with a unibrow on Twitter. So these fans are nuts, but I love it.”
From babies to adult fans doing bizarre things with their body hair to T-shirts and even Davis’ own mother wearing a mask, the popularity of the unibrow has skyrocketed within Big Blue Nation.
Davis experienced the popularity of his monobrowistic look firsthand during the South Regional in Atlanta when a young girl approached him as he walked back to Kentucky’s team hotel.
“She got on her knees and bowed down to me like I was a king and said, ‘Bow to the Brow.’ She was like 5 or 6,” Davis told The Associated Press. “I just started laughing.”
Two more wins and it may be time to put Davis alongside the likes of Frida Kahlo and Bert from “Sesame Street” when it comes to some of the most famous unibrows.
Aug 1, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
After being one of the Pac-12’s most improved players last season, Powell looks to lead a team hoping to improve defensively and on the glass.
Aug 1, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
The College of Charleston has found a replacement for Doug Wojcik during his suspension.
Aug 1, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Tyler Davis has lost 70 pounds and evolved into one of the nation’s best big men.
Aug 1, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
Louisville commit Raymond Spalding doesn’t feel pressure despite being a hometown kid.
Aug 1, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
The 7-foot-1 center was arrested on charges including resisting arrest and second-degree assault.
Aug 1, 2014, 12:57 PM EDT
The 6-foot-8 Iowan averaged 17.1 points and 9.7 rebounds per game as a high school junior.
Aug 1, 2014, 10:53 AM EDT
Among the high school players in attendance are Jaylen Brown (2015), Thon Maker (2016) and Dennis Smith Jr. (2016).
Aug 1, 2014, 10:09 AM EDT
You’ve seen the pictures of the rings. Now see the player’s reactions once they got them.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:13 PM EDT
Mary Willingham’s lawsuit came to light in early July, with the NCAA deciding to reopen its investigation at around the same time.
Jul 31, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
The explosive shooting guard’s new school is located in Napa, California.
Jul 31, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
The court will be redesigned by the end of the month.
Jul 31, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
There are three: white, black and grey.
Jul 31, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
Blackwell is a member of the Class of 2016 but is already hearing from some notable programs.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Where have all the NYC Point Gods gone?
Jul 31, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Brunson is the father of a top 15 recruit and a potential hire for a program in the AAC.
Jul 31, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Wichita State is coming off of a Final Four and an undefeated regular season. What happens if they can’t match that success again?
Jul 31, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
It’s the second time Hill has donated a million to the school
Jul 31, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
Mitchell played as well as anyone in the country this July
Jul 31, 2014, 10:02 AM EDT
It’s not that strong, but it could have been much worse.
Jul 30, 2014, 10:32 PM EDT
Walker has spent the last 13 seasons at his alma mater.
- Norman Powell sees defense, rebounding as keys for UCLA 0
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)