Mar 29, 2012, 5:27 PM EST
Seen as an object of ridicule by many, the unibrow has been held in high esteem by member of the Kentucky fan base thanks to freshman forward Anthony Davis.
But for what it’s worth the Chicago native has taken it all in stride, and he doesn’t mind the attention one bit according to Jeff Eisenberg of Yahoo! Sports.
“I just embrace it,” Davis said Thursday. “The fans enjoy it and the signs are everywhere now. They’ve been making everything out of it. I’ve even seen a baby with a unibrow on Twitter. So these fans are nuts, but I love it.”
From babies to adult fans doing bizarre things with their body hair to T-shirts and even Davis’ own mother wearing a mask, the popularity of the unibrow has skyrocketed within Big Blue Nation.
Davis experienced the popularity of his monobrowistic look firsthand during the South Regional in Atlanta when a young girl approached him as he walked back to Kentucky’s team hotel.
“She got on her knees and bowed down to me like I was a king and said, ‘Bow to the Brow.’ She was like 5 or 6,” Davis told The Associated Press. “I just started laughing.”
Two more wins and it may be time to put Davis alongside the likes of Frida Kahlo and Bert from “Sesame Street” when it comes to some of the most famous unibrows.
Nov 23, 2014, 3:56 AM EST
Concerns about Cook moving off the ball seem foolish through five games.
Nov 23, 2014, 2:00 AM EST
No. 21 Nebraska was the lone ranked team to fall on Saturday, but give them credit for being willing to go on the road to play a dangerous opponent.
Nov 23, 2014, 12:05 AM EST
Devin Davis has been rehabbing from injuries suffered on November 1 in his hometown of Indianapolis.
Nov 22, 2014, 11:33 PM EST
Most people already knew that Winslow’s a high-level athlete. Here’s some evidence for those who somehow didn’t.
Nov 22, 2014, 11:22 PM EST
Before their game against No. 21 Nebraska, Rhode Island took the floor in shirts honoring Avery Harriman.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:44 PM EST
Florida faces Georgetown in the opening round of the Battle 4 Atlantis Wednesday.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:37 PM EST
The score was tied 41-41 with six minutes to go. Rams and Cornhuskers traded the lead five times after that.
Nov 22, 2014, 8:06 PM EST
Wyoming may have scored just 56 points, but all 22 of their made field goals were assisted and they shot nearly 53 percent from the field.
Nov 22, 2014, 6:17 PM EST
Boutte’s shot came seconds after he corralled a wayward pass from teammate Marcellus Barksdale.
Nov 22, 2014, 5:43 PM EST
Eustachy led the Rams to a school-record 26 wins in 2012-13.
Nov 22, 2014, 4:58 PM EST
Meeks accounted for two double-doubles all season in 2013-14. He’s now matched that total through three games.
Nov 22, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Providence jumped out to a quick 9-0 lead and cruised to an easy win over Florida State.
Nov 22, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Notre Dame guards Demetrius Jackson and Jerian Grant played well to help lead the Irish to victory.
Nov 22, 2014, 1:40 PM EST
The 2015 CBE Classic will have a local flavor.
Nov 22, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Ball State will be without a key piece for the immediate future.
Nov 22, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
Florida will be without a key guard for at least a few games.
Nov 22, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
More depth is coming for the Aggies.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
A solid Saturday slate features multiple ranked teams in action.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
A tremendous story continues to get better as Lauren Hill surprised teammates and fans by checking into her second college basketball game and scoring again on Friday night.
Nov 22, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Cornell shouldn’t have given D.J. Newbill a chance.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)