Mar 30, 2012, 3:04 PM EST
Those shopping for Final Four tickets this week hailed from all over the country, but the biggest percentage were from – no surprise – Kentucky. The state that placed two teams in the Final Four had 29 percent of all shoppers by state, according to SeatGeek.com. Ten percent of all shoppers were from Louisville.
That’s more than twice as many shoppers from the entire state of Kansas.
What to make of that? Nothing more than they love their basketball in Kentucky.
More interesting was this infographic the guys from SeatGeek produced. If you wanted a premium seat, the cost actually fell from Selection Sunday to this week by about $500 (last year it dropped by half). Or if you want a seat in the 300 level? It’ll cost about $750
Compare that to Final Four ticket prices (face value) through the years.
Just think, when Michael Jordan sunk Georgetown 30 years ago in New Orleans, it woulda cost you about $20.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 5
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent (3)