Mar 30, 2012, 8:24 PM EDT
Florida guard Erving Walker was arrested early Friday morning for allegedly stealing a taco and running from police, the Palm Beach Post reported.
Walker, a senior, was reportedly charged with petty theft and resisting an officer without violence. He was arrested at 1 a.m. ET and was not jailed, the Gainesville Police Department told the paper.
So how does something like this happen? From the paper:
According to the arrest report, Walker ordered a $3 taco from a street vendor downtown, received the food, then ran away without paying. When a police officer caught up with him and yelled for him to stop, Walker kept going, the report said.
The arresting officer finally caught Walker with help from “several marked patrol cars.” When the police reached Walker, he told them he was “just playing around,” the report said. The officer wrote that Walker “stated when he ran off with the taco he knew that he had not paid for it and that he was stealing food.”
Walker was the Gators’ starting point guard the last three seasons and helped them reach the Elite Eight that last two. He is first in the program’s history with 547 assist and fourth in points (1,777).
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0
- Aaron Gordon: ‘Whatever Coach Miller wants me to play, I’ll play it.’ 0
- Bruce Pearl could have starred in Welcome Back, Kotter in the 1970s 0
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires