Mar 30, 2012, 6:17 PM EST
Yesterday news came out that ESPN analyst Doug Gottlieb has some interest in the opening at Kansas State, and if you’re on Twitter you’ve likely seen the #Gottlieb4KSU hashtag floating around.
Now there’s a website: hiregottlieb.com.
And while this may seem to be a joke, how about the odds provided by BeyondTheBets.com? BTB has placed 3-to-1 odds on Gottlieb getting the head coaching job, which ties him with Brad Underwood.
Underwood was the associate head coach under Frank Martin, who took the job at South Carolina. As a letter-winner at Kansas State one would think that Underwood would be a good option for AD John Currie to choose.
But could the support for Gottlieb amongst a segment of the K-State fan base result in him getting the job? You never know.
Other coaches on the BTB odds list include Colorado head coach Tad Boyle (8/1), Xavier head coach Chris Mack (20/1) and Duke assistants Chris Collins and Steve Wojciechowski (both at 50/1).
Not sure if anyone imagined the Kansas State head coach search becoming this entertaining at the beginning of the week.
Photo Credit: Travis Heying/Wichita Eagle
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game 4
- Colorado needs game-winner to serve as a catalyst for Askia Booker (VIDEO) 1
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again 4
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Figuring out the ACC 0
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games 4
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (4)
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game (4)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)